Whether you’re building a new kitchen or renovating your current one, you need to choose the right countertop material. Quartz countertops near me are popular due to their attractive design, long lifespan, and minimal maintenance requirements. But how long do these countertops last? Here is in-depth information regarding the durability of quartz countertops:
How Long Do Quartz Countertops Last?
When investing in countertops, you’d want the material to last as long as possible. Fortunately, quartz is one of the most durable materials available. As long as there is no intentional physical damage, quartz countertops can last as long as your home. With durability this long, they are an excellent solution for homeowners seeking a long-term solution.
What Makes Quartz Countertops So Durable?
- They’re extremely strong: Quartz crystal is one of the hardest minerals on earth. When making countertops, manufacturers combine it with other materials and bind them using a resin-based binder to form an extremely resilient countertop product. It doesn’t chip, crack, or warp easily.
- Quartz countertops are non-porous: They don’t absorb liquids or food particles. This quality makes them ideal for the kitchen because it’s an area where food and liquid spills are common. The non-porous feature also prevents bacteria growth, which makes them a hygienic choice for your kitchen.
- They’re heat resistant: Since countertops are mainly for food preparation, homeowners would want something that isn’t sensitive to hot pans and pots. Quartz countertops are heat resistant, so you don’t have to worry about them getting damaged by heat. However, experts recommend using trivets or hot pads for extra protection.
- Quartz countertops are scratch-resistant: Quartz is a naturally hard material, making it difficult to scratch. It’s a good choice for homeowners who want a countertop that can hold up to daily use.
How to Increase the Longevity of Quartz Countertops?
Quartz is a strong and resilient material, but that doesn’t mean it’s completely immune to damage. That’s why you need to care for your countertops to keep them looking like new. Here are some tips to increase the longevity of your quartz countertops:
- Avoid physical damage: Quartz is strong but can still sustain physical damage. To prevent this from happening, always use cutting boards and avoid dropping heavy items on the surface. Do not try to break foods such as nuts on it using a hammer.
- Clean spills immediately: As quartz is a non-porous material, it won’t absorb liquids and food particles. But that doesn’t mean you should leave them on the surface for extended periods. Clean up spills and messes immediately to prevent any discoloration. You should also choose your cleaners wisely. Continuous exposure to overly acidic cleaners can damage the polished surface, making it look dull over time.
- Apply a sealant from time to time: Sealing your quartz countertop helps maintain its glossy finish and prevents etch marks from acidic materials. To keep your quartz looking as good as new, apply a sealant after every two or three years. Any sealant specifically made for quartz countertops will do the job.
Follow these simple steps, and your quartz countertops will remain in pristine condition for a long time. You should also buy your countertops from a reputable dealer because the countertop quality will affect their durability. Lower-quality products generally have a shorter lifespan, but higher-quality ones can withstand daily use for longer.
Get Your Quartz Countertops Near Me and Enjoy Exceptional Durability
Quartz countertops are an excellent solution if you’ve been looking for long-lasting solutions. They can last a lifetime with proper maintenance. All you have to do is buy from a reliable seller and follow the care tips mentioned. Get your quartz countertops near me and enjoy their beauty for many years!